Friday 22 April 2011

BEST PLACE TO GO!! PART 1

 
from qq
                     HEY EVERYBODY!! IT'S ME AGAIN.And this time since the topic is about best place/s to go to  I am recollecting the two times that I went to New Zealand.
 
                  The first time I visited the place it was in 2007 and I decided to visit it again last year.Please don't go to NZ thinking it's like going to LA .It is totally different cause it's preety laid back. BELIEVE ME you would be totally stress free..haha .imagine going to a mall and getting a parking space easily even at peek hours and there are no long queues at their checkout counters.

                Getting around the city of Auckland is easy too as you can either walk and walk (the weather is great to walk), take buses and of course if you have a car you can drive.

         Some people say NZ is like heaven on earth so you REALLY  need to get out of the city and travel the countryside for the beautiful scenery -miles and miles of green green pastures dotted with white (the sheep BAAAAHHHH)  that meet blue blue skies (in summer) , rolling mountains and of course snow capped mountains (in winter).


,                The last time I went in August I soooo wanted to see snow. We managed to travel 4 hours out of Auckland  to a mountain where we were playing on the ice and with the sledges when it suddenly started to snow!I t was an amazing feeling! IT WAS WHAT I REALLY WHAT I LONGED TO SEE AND DREAMT IT TO BE!.

             Hungry and cold after that wonderful experience, we were then ready to fill our growling tummies. So we drove down to a town near Lake Taupo where we chomped into a nice hot, spicy Indian meal. Ha ha what can I say... we are Indians and we missed our Indian food especially for cold days like these. .IT WAS JUST PERFECT!!! Oh and by-the-way, there is such variety of food in Auckland from Malaysian, Sri Lankan to Korean food

 
                 The other adventure was on my first trip to NZ. It was a visit to Rotorua. As you drive into the city the pungent smell of sulphur hits your NOSTRILS. It is the city of hot springs and geysers.There are many attractions here for example the luge and the sheep agrodome. The luge was awesome cause we took cable cars to the top of the hill, donned helmets and quickly jumped into  little cars on motorised tracks and came charging down the hill. It was exhilarating!
.

               On  both occasions in NZ, I went with my  family and  we stayed with my uncle who lives in Auckland's suburb of Howick which is about an hour's drive from the city. Close to where he lives is our regular HAUNT ,THE BOTANY SHOPPING CENTRE! That's right people shopping! Hehe, That is where I spent most of my hours browsing around  the stores. I picked up alot of clothes in outlets such as J]Jayjays, Dotti, Amazon, Valley Girl (all the "in" shops for teens).
    
      Well my dad went crazy when he went to souvenir shops buying HONEY, HONEY AND MORE HONEY!. Yes, yes well I can’t blame him cause NZ has one of the best honey! Haha, explains it all right.

       Oh yeah, you must visit Sky Tower which is in the heart of the city. From that vantage point you get a panoramic view of the whole city. Beautiful... with the lakes and seas and the pretty white sails boats all over.
       Well if you ask me why I chose  NZ  as the best place to visit it's because it's just an amazing country and you might just feel like you're in heaven. It's so amazing that you can actually find CLEAN rivers and you can't find  ANY RUBBISH  thrown all over the place.  And the people there are so nice and friendly . Believe  me you can never get bored because you can waste all your time going site-seeing and you can even travel down south!

      Although I know many people say it’s quite boring because it's a very slow moving country and there is nothing much to do, it’s still a lovely place for you to just get away from everything . Just believe me, you will never ever regret going there, however, just get ready to see a whole lotta SHEEP! They say the sheep in NZ outnumber the people! Hahaha.  However I know it will be an expensive trip but it will be an experience of a lif time.


           All I can say is if any of yo  plan to travel to NZ  just save up some money and GO AND VISIT   NEW ZEALAND!!

 












This was a picture of the mountain while it was snowing.




 
 This was just a picture I took near my uncles house.










The 1st picture on top is from http://www.google.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment