Saturday 7 May 2011

Mother's Day!!















 HEY GUYS hope you haven't forgotten. Tomorrow is MOTHER'S DAY!
Yes it's the day to thank and appreciate all the mummies in the world!

So I advise  those who haven't gotten their mum anything you had better get up early in the morning, rush out to the stores to buy her something or even cook up something good so check out your fridges right now. Do you have bread ,sausage, eggs, bacon? Make sure you serve her in bed... err but please don't mess up the kitchen or spill anything on her cause you know what you'll will  get! hahaha

Make sure you get flowers for mum and if you haven't thought of that just go out side right now and go and pluck some flowers from your garden ...well that is if you have any.

You better also ensure that dad's wallet is filled with big notes! Because remember you have to take her out to lunch and dinner.. I. don't think your mum is going to sit home and and cook .

In short remember the kitchen will be closed tomorrow.Oh ya and do your own laundry even if it's throwing your soiled clothes into the washing machine.

Mother's Day is traditionally celebrated on the second Sunday of May. I believe it originated from some ancient historic celebration but most of us fashion it after the American celebration of mother's day.

As far as I  can remember Mother's Day is not such a big  deal at our home but we nevertheless take this day to join in the celebration. I believe we must celebrate motherhood or our mothers everyday. However, there's no harm joining the rest of the world by making all mothers feel extra special  on this day. At my church, we also have a Mother's Day celebration.

At home we  ( my sister and I) used to make cards and buy her (my mum) flowers and presents such as mugs, accessories and other stuff.


I also remember when making cards for my mum when I was so much younger , I used to draw and write with my crayons and although my sis never really contributed her skills towards the card I would always be generous enough to put her name in the card too. .haha


We would also make sure my dad would give us enough money to take mum out for a treat. Ya, my dad is usually outstation on such occasions.

Oh ya, we would also give some token to our aunts or family friends too on this day. Even some older unmarried aunts would be recipients of these gifts as we appreciate them for treating us like their "children" too.

The other place I remember to have always celebrated Mother's Day, was in church.
Every year in church they always have song dedications and special plays. They also give presents and flowers to the mums and they will have lunch provided for everyone.

YES WE TOO GET FREE FOOD!!!

In other countries ,Mother's Day is usually celebrated this month and in some countries like Norway it is celebrated  as early as February and some like Indonesia celebrate it as late as December.


I remember one of my friends telling me what he did for his mum last year. He composed a song for his mum!! How cool is that?? I thought it was the most sweetest thing to do.

Well different people do different things but the thought is the most important! Do whatever you feel comfortable to do...just show how much you love your mum one this Mother's Day!

Have a great day tomorrow people!!

And HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE WONDERFUL MOTHER'S OUT THERE!!









(The picture were taken from http://www.google.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment